I frequently see job postings for iOS Developers that go a little something like this:
Senior iOS Developer
- Know Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience with Xcode IDE
- Understand Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3 years of experience developing for iOS
The first mistake is requiring a college degree. “Or a related discipline” should be “or related experience” so as not to automatically disqualify a lot of great devs out there. And 3 years of experience? To qualify as a Senior dev? Without specifying 7+ years of software development experience, I detect title inflation. Companies who advertise like this are taking the easy route in an attempt to entice devs to apply.